Tonight Jeff and I had friends over and I decided to make a few Spanish Tapas dishes:
Stuffed mushrooms with goat cheese and pancetta picante, oven roasted tomato and mushroom filling
Pan con Tomate (toasted bread with oven roasted tomatoes, garlic, olive oil) and finished with melted manchego cheese
Serano ham wrapped shrimp (skewered and grilled) - I apologize to you, dear reader, these were devoured before I could snap a picture!
Chimichuri marinated steak (skewered and grilled)- these were also gobbled up before I could photograph...
I marinated pineapple spears in spiced rum and used them as a garnish in a mint, orange, lime, rum cocktail.
For dessert, we had biscuits with layered marscapone and goat cheese, strawberries and a balsamic reduction drizzled over the top. Again, no pictures of this due to the gobbling of said dessert.
It was a fun evening with friends and good food! We sat around the bonfire for a little while, but it actually got too cold outside and we had to move indoors. I thought summer had arrived at the purple door, but apparently Mother Nature didn't get the memo.
Sounds like fun. Did you see the end of the Sharks game?
ReplyDelete