Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo


Happy Cinco de Mayo! Our menu was chicken enchiladas. While I totally cheated and bought a deli roasted chicken, I did dress it up for the occasion (no not in a frilly skirt or sombrero). I sliced and carmalized an onion. I added some garlic, some red pepper flakes, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Then I mixed in some salsa verde, some of the enchilada sauce (pureed ancho, adobo and tomatoes) and added the chicken that I had previously shredded.




We are lucky to live in an area that has amazing tortillas right in the grocery store. I used my favorite brand of corn tortillas, coated them in the sauce, and filled and rolled them with the chicken and onion mixture. I covered with the remaianing sauce, added cheese on top and baked them in the oven. They were delish!


Hope everyone had a great Cinco de Mayo and didn't have too many Cervesas or Margueritas!


3 comments: